Friday, July 27, 2012

We're Painting the Bathroom Blue--Home Improvement Projects Part II

Do you remember that part from Alice In Wonderland where the Queen's gardners are singing while painting all of her white roses red?  That's the song that was going through my head as I began painting our downstairs bathroom (with the lyricals slightly modified, obviously).  Although we're the third set of owners for this home, this particular bathroom has never been painted.  Having gotten used to the all-over white plaster, putting up some color was a bit of a shock at first but we're all very happy now with the results.

(The visual effect would be more thrilling if I had actually remembered to take the "before" pictures before I had started the project.  Sadly, I didn't think about it till after I already had the tape up and had lugged that huge ladder into the space.  Sorry--you'll just have to imagine the over-powering whiteness.)


And now for the "after" shots.  Yay!


1 comment:

Michael Family said...

Oh! I love it! Color is nice. And uniform baseboards are wonderful!